Tuesday, June 5, 2012

F.Y.P.1 ~ 14th Week: Progress Report


Introduction
The purpose of this project is to development an autonomous Quadrapod Robot for the Inter-section Robotic Challenge. This progress report discusses the progress I have made from January 23rd until April 27th in 2012.

Work Completed from January 23 until April 27, 2012
During this period, I have made some research of Quadrapod robot has done as to learn and gain knowledge on the architectures or infrastructure that been used to build this robot and I have a sketch of the robot. Second, I have made surveillance on component that will be use to implement into the structure of the robot, but I still difficulty to purchase the component cause of the component too expensive. By following my schedule, I suppose have started to implementing my design into the simulation but I still did not get any result yet.

Work to be completed by July 30, 2012
Within the semester break, I will to buy the component bit by bit according to my financial budget. I must choose the best component and need to perform detail research for the item that I ave choose. Then, I will use this component into the simulation to get the result, as I will be completed it before 1st July 2012. After I got result from the simulation, I will proceed to the next step which is to construct all of the component and hardware. But first, I need to find a coding to program the robot as the result form the simulation, then I will construct all the component with Peripheral Integrated Circuit (PIC). The PIC will be programmed as to control the robot performances. After that, I will get the result from the constructed robot, then I will compare it with the simulation. I will make some re-check if the performance doesn't meet the rule and regulation of the competition. Lastly, I will make the analysis and conclusion for this project. 

Problems Encountered
During the research finding the information, there are many journals I found in internet about the Quadrapod Robot which have taken most of my time by reading the journal to understand about the robot architecture. Next, I have difficulty to find a suitable component for my design cause most of the component is expensive. I need to perform some research before I purchase any of the component. Then, I getting a late updates regarding the changing of rules and regulation for this competition, which I realized a week before the presentation was held. This project is out from my previous schedule which I will need to use my semester break to catch up with the schedule.

Conclusion
Now, my research project is over my schedule, if I not catch up my schedule maybe there much problem will be come and make my project not done in next semester at presentation project. To overcome this problem I should use my holiday to catch up my schedule. If you have any questions or concerns with this project, please feel free to email me at half_fear@yahoo.com.my

No comments:

Post a Comment