Friday, November 2, 2012

F.Y.P.2 ~ 1st Week: Structure Detail Design

While in my semester break, I have ask a help from my friend to design the mechanical part of the robot. Unfortunately, I just able to buy 3 servo motor in that time. So he tried to figure out the structure for the robot base on 3 servo motor.

He advise me to build a six legged robot which is more balance and it can move just with 3 servo motor. With this method, it gave me an advantage to cut cost from my original budget.
Spider - Six Legged Robot Design


The robot basic design was made out from SketchUp software so we can be view the structure, shape and design in 3D. Now I can figure out the tool and material that I really need to build up this robot.


Front View

Back View


Bottom View


Rear View

Upper View


So I have decided to change the design for my robot from 4-legged into 6-legged. As according to the previous plan, I may have to place 8 servo for the robot. But I'm only will use 3 servo motor into the design as to move the robot

No comments:

Post a Comment